, you took the pledge: I pledge to sow it forward
Can you help us reach our goal of 1,000 pledges?
Sow Gardens Forward!
- Posted to Kitchen Gardeners International
I pledge to sow it forwardTake the Pledge
896 people took the pledge
A healthy food garden revolution has started, but its benefits are only reaching a small fraction of the the population. Together, we can reach a thousand new people if each of us pledges to do one small garden-variety good deed from the list below. Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something and it all adds up.
Eight ways you can sow gardens forward this season:
1) Help/mentor a neighbor to start a garden this year
2) Grow an extra row or two for a local food pantry
3) Volunteer at a school or community garden
4) Save and give seeds to someone for replanting next year
5) Open your garden for a tour on World Kitchen Garden Day (August 26th)
6) Join or support a garden cause that resonates with you
7) Become a master gardener
8) (Your own bright idea goes here: share it in the comment section below.)
Want to dig even deeper? Here are some earthy links:
Update #3Posted by Roger Doiron (Campaign Leader) on Jun 28, 2012
Wow. Over 100 pledges in just a few days. Great job everyone! Onward to 200!
Update #2Posted by Roger Doiron (Campaign Leader) on Jun 26, 2012
Hi Gardeners. We're breaking our big goal of 1000 pledges into smaller increments, starting with our first milestone of 100. Only 10 people to go. Great work everyone!
Update #1Posted by Roger Doiron (Campaign Leader) on Jun 22, 2012
The Chinese philosopher Lao-tzu once said that "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" and today we took 30 steps in our journey: thanks for being one of the 30 people who took our Sow It Forward pledge. Only 970 to go :-)
Thanks for gardening and thanks for sowing your garden forward,
Kitchen Gardeners International
Invite friends to take the pledge
Thanks for taking the pledge!
Spread the word by inviting friends
Selected friends ()
0 of 1 batches sent
Check the "Don't ask again" box below and you won't have to confirm the next time you send invitations